The Pupil Premium is additional school funding for disadvantaged children. It is paid directly to your child's school to improve the quality of their education. At Priors Hall – a learning community, we aim to offer a good quality education to all children.
At Priors Hall – a learning community we use Pupil Premium in the following ways:
- We are committed to ‘narrowing the gap’ between all pupils and any specific cohort or group of pupils.
- We will ensure teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of our pupils.
- We will ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups; this ensures that the needs of pupils are adequately assessed and addressed.
- We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium to support any pupil or group of pupils we have legitimately identified as being disadvantaged.
- Funds will be allocated following an analysis which will identify priority groups or individuals.
- Not all eligible pupils will be in receipt of Pupil Premium interventions at one time.
Is your child eligible for Pupil Premium?
Schools receive pupil premium for:
- Children who have qualified for free school meals at any point in the past six years.
- Children who are or have been looked after under local authority care for more than one day.
- Children from service families who receive a child pension from the Ministry of Defence.
How to claim your child’s pupil premium
Prior to April 2018, children qualified for free school meals – and accordingly pupil premium – if you received any of the following benefits:
- Income support
- Income-based jobseekers’ allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of state pension credit
- Child tax credit, provided that you are not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of £16,190 or less
How to check online:
Follow the link below to check if your child is entitled to pupil premium:
How Pupil Premium money is being spent at Priors Hall:
2018 - 2019 Allocated Money: £19,800
- Intervention Teacher
- Learning Mentor
- Attendance Officer
- Access to wrap around care.
- Opportunities for outdoor learning
Please read the 2018 -2019 Pupil Premium Strategy below for more detail.